- QLD - Toowoomba - 3 vet equine practice
- QLD - Kuranda - multi-vet mixed practice
- QLD - Gold Coast - 2.5 vet equine practice
- NSW - Tumut - 3 vet mixed practice with equine focus
- NSW - Dubbo - 4 vet mixed practice
- NSW - Port Stephens - 4 vet small animal practice, including expotics/equine, full time or part time
- VIC - Eddington - Stud Season position on Thoroughbred property
- VIC - Mornington Peninsula - single vet, equine practice, part time
- VIC - Macedon Ranges - single vet, equine practice, Stud Season position
- WA - Swan Valley- Belhus - 4 vet equine practice, 1st opinion & stud work
- WA - Port Kennedy - Equine Stud Season position from September
- WA - South West WA - Resident Vet - 2013 Stud Season position
- WA - South West WA - On-Farm vacancy for resident stud season vet
Residential Vet Role At Leading Victorian Thoroughbred Property
This position is ideally suited for those who are passionate about their veterinary pursuits and thoroughbred horses that will be placed in your care.
As the selected candidate you will demonstrate the following skills;
- Equine reproduction specialist
- Experience with foaling
- Horse handling ability and understanding of horse temperaments
- Proactive and willing to work as part of a team
- Manage communications with clients and liaise with management team
- Manage on farm veterinary care
- Have a current drivers licence
An attractive package for the 2013 season including motor vehicle and accommodation will be offered to the right person to join our team.
If you really want diversity and responsibility in your role then we want to talk to YOU urgently to fulfill this key role in our business.
Please send applications to email@example.com or telephone 03 5468 7465
View our website www.threebridges.com.au
Resident Vet - 2013 Stud Season Position
One of the leading thoroughbred stud farms in Western Australia is seeking an experienced stud vet for the 2013 stud season.
The successful applicant will need to be a competent stud vet as they will be solely responsible for all the on farm mare reproductive work. They will also need to provide other on farm veterinary care throughout the season as required.
We are looking for someone with a good work ethic and pleasant personality who is willing to work as part of the team.
The stud is situated in the scenic south west of Western Australia in a region known for its wineries and beaches.
An attractive salary package will be offered to the right applicant which will include accommodation and a car.
Please send applications tio the attention of Dr Kim Rose at firstname.lastname@example.org
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced stud vet to enjoy a fairly quiet stud season as resident vet on one of the leading thoroughbred nurseries in the South West of WA. Currently the position entails managing a band of approximately 50 mares on farm, although there is a possibility of developing the business further. An interest in AI and ET for performance/pleasure horses could be supported and would be encouraged.
The successful applicant will be competent at early pregnancy diagnosis, twin reduction and have experience in basic neonatal care. A good work ethic and pleasant personality is a must, as is the requirement for Australian registration of your degree.
This is a wonderful opportunity for an enjoyable break in one of the loveliest parts of WA. You are 10mins from fantastic beaches, wineries and many of our great tourist destinations.
Accommodation, car and phone will be supplied and support will be offered from the main clinic. A/hrs are negotiable and salary will be commensurate with experience.Please send your CV to Fiona at email@example.com
EQUINE VET – GOLD COAST
We are seeking expressions of interest from equine veterinarians wanting to join our team at the beautiful Gold Coast. The position would suit a new or recently graduated veterinarian with an interest in equine medicine and surgery.
We work from a new fully furbished diagnostic and surgical facility adjacent to the Gold Coast Turf Club and the Magic Millions sales complex. We service a large racing, sport and pleasure horse population in the Gold Coast region and provide primary and referral veterinary services to horse owners in south-east QLD and northern NSW. Our caseload is varied and includes a significant amount of racetrack work as well as a rapidly growing pleasure and sport horse caseload and a small but increasing amount of seasonal reproductive work. We are staffed by four experienced veterinarians including an internal medicine diplomate and a surgeon preparing to sit for AAEP board certification in equine surgery. We currently perform approximately 150 general anaesthetics and surgeries per year at the clinic as well as providing hospitalisation for intensive care medical cases. We also provide mobile ambulatory services to the surrounding region.
The position commences in August 2013 (or possibly earlier if we find the right person). The successful applicant will be highly motivated and enthusiastic, be passionate about equine medicine and surgery and want to work with and under the guidance of experienced equine vets. A commitment to providing high quality patient care and client service is essential.
The one year position will involve approximately 70% of the time based in the clinic and 30% in an ambulatory role in accordance with ability and experience. At the completion of 12 months there may be an opportunity to continue at GCEC as an associate vet. Hospital duties will include assisting with the diagnosis and treatment of inpatients, performing duties in anaesthesia and diagnostic imaging, and assisting with outpatient appointments.
If you are looking to start your equine veterinary career in a progressive practice and want to live and work in this fantastic part of the world please contact us. .
Salary is based on the APESMA award.
All enquiries to include a CV and sent to:
Dr Charlie McCormack
Gold Coast Equine Clinic
15 Ken Russell Ct
Bundall, QLD 4217
Stud Season Equine Reproduction Veterinarian Required
Larkhill Vets are looking for a keen and genuine primarily reproduction horse vet to work in their quality purpose built hospital in Western Australia. We provide the full complement of equine services, operating from a large purpose built equine facility including:
- Huge efficient surgical theatre, equipment and recovery
- 150KV 360° gantry operated xray generator
- Eklin and Fuji digital imaging systems
- MYLAB 30 diagnostic ultrasound machine
- 3mt gastroscope/videoendoscope
- Array of other video endoscopes and portable xray generators.
- Shockwave therapy machine
- 4 portable reproductive Aloka scanners
- Lab facilities
- Undercover trot up lanes, round yard, over 30 boxes and yards plus 20 sheltered paddocks.
- Separate horse stud/breeding farm (220 acres)
- Frozen breeding and embryo transfer programme.
- Irap practiced
Our centre is 45 minutes south of Perth just minutes from fantastic beaches and directly opposite the Larkhill thoroughbred track.
A shared workload with 4 other horse vets involving 4½-5 day weeks, Afterhours are equally shared and incentives paid. Remuneration is generous and above award and negotiable as per experience. Position available from September 2013
Reproduction experience will be viewed favourably.
Please email applications and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or telephone Trevor on 0418 915361 or Heather on 0417 917349.
Permanent position for experienced vet in 2 clinic, 5 vet practice. The position is mixed, with mostly small animal and equine work and is based primarily at Kuranda.
We have full small animal facilities including ultrasound, endoscopy, digital xray. Also a purpose built equine unit with surgery table and large animal anaesthetic machine and portastock.
Job includes 1 day off a week and after hours roster is shared, with 1 night on per week and 1 weekend in 3 on call. Work vehicle available.
Contact: Adrienne Easton: email@example.com or call 07 4093 8833.
Kuranda and Mareeba Veterinary Surgey
Cnr Warril Drive & Kennedy Highway
Kuranda, Qld, 4881
Are you an out-going and enthusiastic recent graduate with a strong work ethic who is keen to expand their knowledge and experience in the equine industry?
Equine Veterinary Services is now looking for a fourth vet to join their team. The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate a suitable equine background and a strong desire to pursue a career in the equine industry. The practice has a broad client base which includes racetrack work, stud work, artificial breeding, lameness, sport and pleasure horses as well as equine dentistry. We have good onsite facilities and equipment including a DR digital x-ray system.
We are located on the Darling Downs, Toowoomba, South East Queensland, a renowned horse breeding area. Toowoomba is a very liveable city situated on the edge of the Great Dividing Range, only one and a half hours from Brisbane and close to the Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast. It has excellent sporting, social, shopping, educational, and medical facilities as well as affordable accommodation.
One or two years of equine or mixed practice experience would be an advantage, but all suitable applicants will be considered for this position. The successful applicant will receive an above award salary, practice vehicle (for personal use), mobile phone, four weeks leave a year, plus a continuing education grant.
An experienced equine veterinarian is required on a permanent part time basis for a busy single vet equine practice based on the beautiful Mornington Peninsula in Victoria.
Duties include ambulatory racetrack, performance/pleasure horse work, artificial breeding and stud work with a purpose built equine clinic soon to be completed.
The position is sole charge and will initially involve approximately 4 days per month and include some weekend work and OOH.
Support provided by capable nursing staff. It is envisaged that the position will grow, with more work becoming available over the busy breeding season and as the practice grows. Remuneration $500 per day, fully equipped car provided and accommodation also available if required.
Contact: Jacqui McGregor 0429 057 037
Leading stud farm, Eliza Park, is seeking a qualified veterinary surgeon for the upcoming breeding season.
Based in Victoria’s north east, the successful applicant will have a minimum of three years experience in equine reproduction, with responsibilities including mare scanning, foal medicine and yearling care.
The position is available from 1 August 2013 through to 31 January 2014 with motor vehicle and accommodation provided, along with an above award salary.
Please send resumes to Olivia Greenwood : firstname.lastname@example.org
PERTH NORTH - EQUINE PRACTICE
Full-Time or Seasonal Equine Vet Required for 2013 Breeding Season
Location: Swan Valley, Perth, WESTERN AUSTRALIA
Type of Practice: Equine
Description: Due to the rapid expansion of both the stud and surgical caseload, an additional vet with preferably some experience is required to join the team at Belvoir on either a seasonal or full-time basis. Set on 60 acres of river frontage in the heart of Perth’s horse population, 20 minutes from the city and beaches. This purpose built equine clinic has been open for 13 years and currently has 3 vets, including an ECVS surgeon, four nurses, receptionist and an office administrator. The practice services some of Western Australia’s leading studs, trainer, and performance and pleasure horse owners. The work is 60% pleasure, racetrack and performance horses and 40% stud. The applicant would be required to have suitable stud experience and help assist the clinic’s reproduction unit, including all aspects of breeding, mare management, AI, chilled and frozen, as well as stallion collection and assessment for chilled and frozen semen evaluation. This is an opportunity to work on neonatal and adult ICU cases with guidance from senior clinicians if required. The applicant would also be required to carry out 1st opinion work including lameness, medicine, radiology and assist with gaseous anaesthesia for example.
The practice is perhaps unique in its closeness to the city and beaches, ideally positioned in a heavily populated horse area, close to major studs, and set amongst one of WA’s major wine growing and tourist areas.
After Hours: Shared equally.
Remuneration: A very attractive package, commensurate with experience, generous vehicle allowance and study leave with an emphasis on continuing education.
Contact: Dr Chris Gales
Mobile: 0418 940 377
Phone: 08 9296 6666
Fax: 08 9296 6377
Belvoir Equine Clinic
Lot 158 West Swan Road
RIVERINA HIGHLANDS - TUMUT
Tumut Vet Clinic is looking for an additional experienced veterinarian for our 3 vet practice. You might be our ideal:
- If you have travelled around and are looking to settle for a while.
- If you are interested in mixed practice particularly with horse reproductive work.
- If you are looking to live in a beautiful area not too far from major centres.
Tumut Vet Clinic is a practice that is sensitive to employees needs, with friendly highly trained lay staff and only one hour away from CSU Vet Faculty for referrals and support.
Preference will be given to vets with equine breeding experience.
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience and expertise.
Tumut is a town in the Riverina Highlands of NSW. It is very picturesque and close to National Parks with opportunities for canoeing, cycling, bushwalking, horse riding, trout fishing, snow and water skiing.
Send your CV to email@example.com for the attention of Peter.
Tumut Veterinary Clinic Pty. Ltd.
Peter McGuire BVSc & Associates
78 Adelong Road
Phone: 02 6947 3122
Fax: 02 6947 1852
Noah’s Ark Veterinary Services Medowie & Nelson Bay Require A Veterinarian
One of our vets has family commitments calling and as a result a veterinarian is required for this four vet, two-branch practice. Recent graduates as well as experienced vets are encouraged to apply. The position hours can be tailored to suit the right applicant with part-time employment considered.
These are fast growing, busy practices which focus on providing a personal service in two quite different regional areas. Good communication skills and the ability to work in a team are essential. The clinics have won four local Small Business Awards and are involved in a number of community activities including extensive sponsorship of local clubs.
The clinics see mostly small animals with some natives and about 5% equine. Applicants would not necessarily be required to see any horses however as one of the practice principals has a membership in equine medicine she is happy to support and train a recent graduate in this area. The other practice principal is currently undertaking a PhD in a koala disease so a willingness to treat wildlife is important. He has recently received an award from the International Fund for Animal Welfare for his veterinary contribution to Koala care and welfare.
The clinics are well equipped with digital x-ray, ultrasound, dental scaler, pulse ox, ap-alert, blood pressure monitors, ECG, in-house pathology and good surgical facilities. Both clinics are computerized and linked with Vision VPM. There is an ongoing plan for upgrading of this equipment and most recently the REM systems biochemistry and haematology units have been installed in both clinics.
There is a high vet to nurse ratio with seven nurses employed all of whom are qualified or currently training. The nurses are all friendly and helpful as well as very competent. There is also a commitment to training veterinary nurses who are currently studying at TAFE or other relevant courses. We are committed to CE for all staff.
Port Stephens is a magnificent area approximately 2 hours north of Sydney, which boasts excellent beaches and water sports, whale watching, plenty of seasonal festival activities and easy access to the Hunter Valley vineyards. Shops, schools and Newcastle Airport are all in close proximity.
Clinic hours are 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 2pm on Saturday.
- 4 weeks Holiday leave
- 1 week study leave.
- 38 hour week
- Work 1 Sat in 4
AFTER HOURS: None
REMUNERATION: commensurate with experience
CONTACT: Practice Manager Victoria Ireland
P: 4982 9899
VET – mixed practice in large regional centre
- we’re expanding and need two more vets now!
- We need at least one vet to take ownership of a large portion of our livestock work as well as being involved in the other species in our practice
- would suit a CSU graduate who really wants to pursue a veterinary career in mixed practice with a substantial portion of their time spent doing livestock work; if you’re also interested in equine work then this is to be rated as a ‘platinum’ opportunity
- a practitioner with a real interest and competency (or one wishing to improve their skills) in small animal practice is also required
- experienced graduates preferred
- recent graduates are encouraged to apply – a great practice to gain wide-ranging experience and consolidate your knowledge; you will be challenged, mentored and expected to take ownership of cases.
- Immediate start preferred
- licensed small animal hospital & equine hospital facility with extensive range of surgical equipment for soft tissue and orthopaedic procedures; DR digital x-ray; iM3 dental unit; Esoate MyLab Vet ultrasound with multiple probes for small animal and large animal applications; extra-corporeal shockwave machine for equine use (only machine in this region); fully equipped equine operating theatre
- visiting specialists and consultants when required
- great staff with friendly work environment; clients likewise are great and many have dealt with us for over 30 yrs
- an open honest approach to client communication and a ‘best-practice’ approach to patient care are hallmarks of our practice.
- attitude, passion, and motivation more important than previous experience with a commitment to learning the skills to practice quality veterinary medicine/surgery
- medium to long-term commitment is expected (2yrs plus)
- CE is actively encouraged; ; we host CE courses for the Centre for Veterinary Education of the University of Sydney (2010, 2011, 2012 and an upcoming course for March 2013)
- Must be committed to gaining ACV pregnancy testing accreditation at an early stage
- total health care approach and proper diagnostic workup is expected
- flexible working environment
- work vehicle and mobile telephone supplied
- minimal after-hours
- salary and benefits package well above the APESMA award ($1100pw commencing salary for competent new graduate with bonuses on performance)
Dubbo is a very large regional centre with a huge range of cultural, sporting and recreational facilities and great transport links. For more info Google www.dubbotourism.com.au
PET MEDICAL CENTRE 02 6884 9777 & DUBBO EQUINE HOSPITAL 02 6881 6999.
Kookaburra Veterinary Employment reserves the right to edit or omit any advertisement at our discretion. We take no responsibility for the accuracy of any advertisement shown and will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising under any circumstances.