Non - General Practice Vacancies:
Industry, University, Internships, Specialist, Wildlife/Exotic
- QLD - Albany Creek - Brisbane Veterinary Specialist Centre - 10 vet, small animal practice, Surgical Internship
- NSW - North West - Moree - District Veterinarian
- NSW - Port Stephens - 4 vet small animal practice including exotics/equine, full time or part time
- NSW - Newcastle - Newcastle Animal Referral Centre - Internist vacancy (Specialist)
- NSW - North Gosford - Central Coast Veterinary Centre - Specialist roles
- NSW - Sydney - Camden - University of Sydney Veterinary Centre, small animal position
- NSW - Sydney - Kellyville - 4 vet small animal practice, avian position, full or part time
- Sydney or Melbourne or Regional - Novartis - Farm Animal - Professional Services Vet
- VIC - Melbourne NW - Tullamarine - Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry
- VIC - Melbourne E - Ferntree Gully - 3 vet rabbit & guinea pig practice
- VIC - Melbourne SE - Hallam - Internal Medicine Specialist
- SA - Roseworthy - University of Adelaide - multivet, small animal, casual
- SA - Roseworthy- University of Adelaide - Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging
- SA - Adelaide - Norwood - Full Time Surgical Internship
- WA - Perth - Murdoch University - 12 month Specialty training in Emergency and Critical Care - Veterinary education emphasis
SMALL ANIMAL VETERINARIAN
UNIVERSITY VETERINARY TEACHING HOSPITAL – CAMDEN
FACULTY OF VETERINARY SCIENCE
REFERENCE NO. 1006/0513
- Combined clinical and clinical training environment
- Work within a well-equipped Veterinary Teaching Hospital
- Full-time fixed term 12 months
The Faculty of Veterinary Science is a world-class facility for student learning, research excellence and animal welfare. It is recognised internationally as leading providers of veterinary education and key contributors to world best practice in the health and care of animals.
The University Veterinary Teaching Hospital Camden provides a range of large and small animal veterinary services to the community and referring veterinarians. Camden is approximately 1.5 hours from Sydney and set in a boutique rural community 10 minutes away from busy and modern centres with excellent shopping and recreational facilities.
We are seeking a Small Animal Veterinarian to work within our hospital which offers full surgical and diagnostic facilities supported by dedicated anaesthesia, in house pathology and imaging services. Reporting to the Small Animal Unit Head you will:
- under supervision from senior Veterinarians, provide an effective clinical service in diagnosing and treating patients presented to the practice
- assist with the clinical training of undergraduate students through instruction during clinical rotation
- assist with after hours and weekend rostered duties.
To be successful within this role you will have:
- a veterinary degree registrable in NSW and some professional experience in a small animal practice
- experience working in a busy service oriented environment
- excellent communication skills as well as an ability to instruct Undergraduate students.
- extensive relevant experience (HEO6)
- proven leadership and initiative abilities (HEO6).
This position is full-time fixed term for 12 months with the possibility of further offers of employment subject to funding and need.
Remuneration package: HEO5 $79, 460 p.a. (which includes a base salary of $67, 145 p.a., leave loading and up to 17% employer’s contribution to superannuation).
Remuneration package: HEO6 $91, 434 p.a. (which includes a base salary of $77, 263 p.a., leave loading and up to 17% employer’s contribution to superannuation).
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number for more information and to apply.
CLOSING DATE: 6 June 2013
The University is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Applications from equity target groups and women are encouraged.
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
© The University of Sydney
Are you interested in a career in livestock biosecurity?
The North West Livestock Health and Pest Authority delivers frontline livestock health programmes to safeguard Australia’s livestock industries against local disease risks, residues and exotic diseases. District Veterinarians are at the core of this function and are given the opportunity to thoroughly investigate conditions affecting livestock within a biosecurity and market assurance framework.
- The opportunity to develop highly tuned skills in disease investigation and emergency disease preparedness.
- Continual high quality training, collaboration and support from skilled veterinarians, pathologists and technicians.
- Working as part of a friendly team of veterinarians, rangers and customer service officers.
- Considerable freedom to develop your own processes and methods.
- Career progression opportunities.
Conditions include a 38 hour week, time off in lieu, and 26 days annual leave. Salary is in accordance with the current Award, ranging from $66,730 to $105,136, plus 9% superannuation, eligible allowances and private access to a work motor vehicle.
For more information and application guidelines please call Shaun Slattery on 0428 922 607 or via email to email@example.com
Applications close 11 June 2013 with the General Manager, Jane Edwards, via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Opportunities for Specialist/s
Our brand-new facility is one of the largest and most carefully designed, unique veterinary hospitals you will find. Our dream practice boasts multiple viewing areas over the surgical theatres, accommodation, lecture room and an integrated boutique pet shop in the waiting areas.
We have a large well-established client base in the Wyong Shire area and are now expanding to the Gosford shire.
Our small animal hospital is seeking more veterinarians for our general practice, as well as interest from veterinary specialists of various disciplines (eligible for registration in NSW). One specialty is already joining our team. Overseas applicants are welcome.
Clients are expecting more and more from vets on the coast, many requesting the highest quality of veterinary care for their beloved pets. Often, such care can only be attained in Sydney, which greatly reduces the number of clients seeking that level, due to travel. In recent times specialist care is becoming a viable option for a greater population, due to the explosion of insured pets. Our hospital has achieved no.1 position in NSW, for pet insurance uptake with an insurer, creating this unique opportunity.
Our facility offers flexible options including managing your own speciality within the practice, with possible combined or separate entrances and large waiting areas. We are open to discuss different business options.
We pride ourselves in being a hardworking, caring practice, always looking at ways to improve ourselves. We hope to find like-minded individuals to enhance and fit within this nice facility.
The new hospital is very close to Sydney, less than one hour from the northern suburbs. It is centrally located for ease of access from the entire population of the central coast. (10mins from the Freeway (F3), 2 minutes from the centre of Gosford City)
Please see the website www.centralcoastvet.com.au for early pictures of the new facility. Expressions of interest can be made first by email (confidential to the practice partners (Drs Tamra & Chad Acciari)), at email@example.com and your return contact details should be attached please.
The central coast boasts beautiful beaches and lakes, a highly ranked selective high school (Gosford) within 4 kms of the new surgery, with veterinary alumni from this school. All still within a train ride, or a 1hr drive (in low traffic) to be on the Sydney Harbour Bridge!
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging
School of Animal and Veterinary Sciences
Job Reference Number: 15551
Stuck in a rut, or looking for a new challenge? We are offering an amazing opportunity for a veterinary diagnositic imager to join our team of enthusiastic educators who are rolling out the new veterinary curriculum at the University of Adelaide. The successful candidate will have access to some of the best clinical facilities in the world with the new Companion Animal Health Centre having been completed in 2010 and the Equine Health Centre due for completion in 2013. The facilities are equipped with state of the art digital imaging and ultrasonography, and there is off-site access to CT and MRI at the Large Animal Research & Imaging Facility (LARIF) located at Gillies Plains.
We are seeking a Veterinarian who is eligible to practice in South Australia to teach didactic and clinical Diagnostic Imaging, and develop the clinical service. Opportunities to develop a research programme will be available to interested applicants.
You should have:
- A qualification in Veterinary Science acceptable for registration in South Australia
- Completed an approved residency in diagnostic imaging
- Obtained a specialist qualification in veterinary diagnostic imaging (Australian fellowship or American/European boards), or be eligible to sit one of these exams
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work in a team
- A desire to contribute to the teaching of veterinary students.
For appointment at Senior Lecturer or Associate Professor Levels (Levels C and D), factors such as completion of speciality qualifications, teaching and clinical experience, having a PhD, or evidence of a research track record will be taken into account.
Salary: (Level B - D) Remuneration commensurate with experience.
Plus an employer superannuation contribution of 17% applies.
Term of Position
This continuing position is available immediately.
Please refer to the Selection Criteria (Level B), (Level C), (Level D) or contact Mandy Holloway at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 08 831 37740.
Closing date: Open until filled
Your application should:
- include your résumé/Curriculum Vitae
- address the selection criteria
- quote the relevant reference number
- include residency status
- include the names, addresses and/or email details of three referees.
Please send applications to email@example.com
Full Time Internal Medicine Specialist
An exciting opportunity to play a key role in our state of the art,
multi-disciplinary veterinary hospital.
The Veterinary Referral Hospital (VRH) is a purpose-built referral hospital located in the south-eastern suburbs of Melbourne, Australia.
Currently experiencing high levels of growth, we are seeking a Full Time Internal Medicine Specialist to join our dynamic team. This is a key role within the clinic which will see you playing a major part in the future development of our business.
What VRH will offer you:
- The opportunity to work alongside two highly experienced Specialist Surgeons and a residency trained Emergency & Critical Care Consultant – some of the best in our industry
- The support of a qualified & focused team of Nurses, committed to delivering high standards of care and to supporting you in your specialist role
- Existing state of the art diagnostic equipment, plus the opportunity to be actively involved in the selection of new diagnostic equipment
- A co-located 24 Hour Animal Emergency Centre delivering high quality after-hours case management
- An existing referral base through the surgeons, AEC and general practices within our group
- A support team managing all business related functions (finance, marketing, human resources etc.)
- Access to continued education opportunities
- Regular performance reviews and mentorship along with recognition and reward for your hard work through our unique bonus scheme
Our ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Relevant internal medicine qualifications
- A minimum of 3-5 years working in this capacity as a Specialist Veterinarian
- The ability to work efficiently and independently, and be committed to providing optimal patient care and timely reporting on treatment progress to our referring clinicians
- The drive to take our business to the next level
- The ability to develop strong relationships with referring Vets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude and a high level of motivation within your field
- A commitment to developing the VRH business
- A willingness to deliver on the VRH promise; we strive to provide an educated, honest and approachable service that integrates with referring practices to achieve the best outcome for patients and their owners.
In return, we offer an attractive base salary in excess of $110k + super (commensurate with experience). The successful candidate will be eligible to take part in our bonus program (including a percentage of production) after the first twelve months of employment.
If you are ready to take the next step and really take your career to the next level, please send your CV (including referees) to:
Dr Cathy Warburton
Veterinary Referral Hospital
151-159 Princes Hwy, Hallam 3803
0407 323 917
Avian Vet Position
Sydney Animal Hospitals Kellyville in Sydney's Northwest is looking for either a full time or a part time Avian Veterinarian to look after our large and growing avian patient load.
We are a purpose built hospital with all the facilities expected of a leading, first opinion care veterinary centre, including digital radiology and digital dental radiology - ideal for some avian radiographs.
We are located next door to Sydney's largest and best pet shop - Kellyville Pets - and we help look after their puppies, kittens, birds, rabbits and reptiles.
An interest in reptile and exotic pets would be beneficial, however, not essential.
We have no after hours requirements and have a 1 in 4 weekends' roster.
The caseload would be +/- 60% small animals and 40% avian.
FULL TIME SURGICAL INTERNSHIP
The Adelaide Veterinary Specialist & Referral Centre (AVSARC) provides high standards of veterinary care in the fields of surgery, internal medicine, neurology, diagnostic imaging and dermatology.
We are seeking a full time Veterinarian for a twelve month Surgical Internship to start in June/July 2013. This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated recent graduate (minimum 12 months' experience) wishing to gain surgical experience. This role will work as part of our dynamic team of Specialist & Referral Veterinarians, Veterinary Nurses, Nurse Assistants and Receptionists.
The AVSARC surgical service performs a wide range of orthopedics, neurosurgical, and soft tissue procedures. This role will also provide you with opportunities to learn from our in-house specialists in the areas of medicine, diagnostic imaging, neurology and dermatology.
Our ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- A minimum of 12 months experience as a Veterinarian
- A sound knowledge and understanding of providing high standards of care
- A keen desire to build on your existing knowledge
- A strong work ethic and ability to work in a team
- Flexibility, enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- The ability to multi task and to demonstrate initiative
- Excellent communication & organizational skills
- The successful applicant would be required to work Monday to Friday from 8am to 4pm with the flexibility to perform work outside these hours when required.
What we offer you:
- A varied and interesting role
- Access to a strong support network of very knowledgeable and experienced specialists – learn from the best!
- Training & professional development opportunities
- A supportive and dynamic team environment
If you are looking for a new & exciting challenge, and you believe that this is your opportunity to shine, please send a cover letter outlining your suitability & a copy of your resume to:
Applications close Friday, 31st May 2013
Internship in Small Animal Surgery – Brisbane Veterinary Specialist Centre – The Animal Hospital
Applications are invited for a one year small animal surgery internship beginning as soon as possible. The goal of the program is to prepare a graduate veterinarian for membership examinations in the Australian College of Veterinary Scientists, and to provide a foundation for further specialist training. Preference will be given to applicants who have completed a rotating internship or who have a minimum of 2 years general practice experience.
Responsibilities of the intern include daily case management and client communication. The intern will routinely assist with surgery and anaesthesia. The intern will be involved in daily case presentations and will occasionally present at surgery teaching rounds. The intern will also be involved in veterinary student teaching. The intern is expected to prepare a manuscript for publication, and the presentation of a formal seminar is strongly encouraged.
The successful applicant would work Monday through Friday under the direct supervision of the small animal surgical specialists. Assistance with after-hours surgical emergencies and continuing education seminars will be required from time to time. Case rounds are held daily and surgery teaching rounds are held fortnightly. Involvement in surgery journal club is also encouraged.
The internship is directly supported by two ACVS boarded small animal surgeons, one with additional qualifications in surgical oncology, as well as a surgical resident. In addition to the surgery team, there are also specialists in internal medicine, radiation oncology and ophthalmology, as well as consultants in dentistry and physiotherapy.
At BVSC we pride ourselves with providing a very high standard of patient care and we maintain exceptional relationships with our clients and referring veterinarians. We also work as a team and the successful individual must have the ability and willingness to work amicably in a busy hospital environment while respecting all individuals in the BVSC team. This position is suited to a motivated individual who is keen to learn.
Brisbane Veterinary Specialist Centre – The Animal Hospital (BVSC) is located in the northern suburbs of Brisbane and is a state of the art, purpose built, multidisciplinary referral hospital. The surgical caseload at BVSC includes general, orthopaedic and neurological surgery, as well as a high oncologic surgery caseload. The hospital is fully equipped, including in-house laboratory, digital radiography, ultrasonography, CT imaging, endoscopy and arthroscopy. BVSC also operates the only veterinary dedicated megavoltage radiotherapy unit in the southern hemisphere.
BVSC is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week all year round.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please send a curriculum vitae and a letter of intent with names of three referees to:
Mr Ron Chay
Hospital Manager, Brisbane Veterinary Specialist Centre, Corner Old Northern and Keong Roads, Albany Creek, 4035
+61 7 32649400
A Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry (DAFF) veterinarian is responsible for ante mortem inspection and verification of post–mortem inspection and processor hygiene practices for compliance with an Approved Arrangement. On Plant Veterinarians (OPVs) ensure that export registered meat establishments are producing safe and wholesome meat in accordance with Australian legislation and also that of the requirements of our international markets.
- As a DAFF On-Plant Veterinarian you will be required to perform and/or supervise ante and post-mortem operations.
- Contribute to the review and verification of abattoir processes and procedures to ensure compliance with legislative and market access requirements.
- Use data collection systems to capture information relevant to food safety outcomes.
- You will conduct regular meetings with company staff as part of the overall systems verification.
- You may be asked to undertake projects and reviews as required on aspects of DAFF operations.
For further information please contact:
Simon Byrne on 03 8334 7582
All DAFF job applications are to be submitted electronically through the online facility on our internet site athttp://www.daff.gov.au/about/jobs
Professional Services Veterinarian – Farm Animal
- Provide High Level Technical Advice & Sales Support
- Foster Relationships with Customers & Industry Bodies
- Sydney, Melbourne or Regionally based
This is a challenging and diverse commercial role which is responsible for the technical stewardship of the company’s farm animal business (mainly cattle and sheep products) in support of the sales process. The position is central to ensuring that all activities carried out in the Farm Animal Business area are conducted with the backing of a high level of technical accuracy, relevance and expertise.
Specifically, you will:
- ensure that all sales, marketing & communication activities are executed to the highest standards of technical accuracy
- play a key role in developing product technical information and training sales and customer advisory staff from a technical perspective
- act as the technical expert to assist in the development of new business
- provide animal health advice and support to external customers
- investigate and resolve product complaints
- liaise with industry experts, research bodies and industry groups and to stay up to date with research and industry developments
- deliver on opportunities to build the profile of the company and brands
This position is ideally suited to a qualified veterinarian (eligible for registration in Australia) with a strong commercial skill set and experience in mixed or farm animal practice, or a candidate with experience in a similar technical services role. Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential as is the ability to plan and prioritise as this is a busy role. This role can be based in Sydney or Melbourne metro or in a regional centre with airport access and will require regular travel.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Enquiries can be directed to Travers Graham on 0418 377 443.
Exotic Vet Position
The Melbourne Rabbit Clinic is looking for either a full time or a part time Exotic Veterinarian with a minimum of 2 years experience to join our friendly team.
We are Australia's first rabbit and guinea pig only clinic situated (in Ferntree Gully) at the foothills of the Dandenong Ranges. We see both referral and first opinion care and offer a high standard of customer service and veterinary care.
An interest in exotic pets would be beneficial, with the successful applicant having an understanding of husbandry, routine surgery of these two species. Further training will be provided to the successful applicant. An interest in pursuing further education in the exotics field would be beneficial.
We have no after hours requirements and have a 1 in 2/3 weekends' roster.
The expected caseload would be approximately 70% rabbits and 30% guinea pigs.
Contact Sharn Gatt
Melbourne Rabbit Clinic
745 Burwood Hwy
Ferntree Gully VIC 3160
Ph: 03 9758 9879
Fx: 03 9758 1193
We have an opportunity for an Internist to join our growing referral hospital. You must be eligible for Specialist registration in NSW. (Diplomate or Fellow)
We are an established & growing emergency practice with an emphasis on diagnostics and primary care, expanding to specialist referral services .
We are expanding our facility for your arrival, and boast the tools necessary for your work. Our existing referral network of 40+ hospitals will be expanded by the opportunities you bring.
We are looking for individuals who believe relationships and conversations are the keys to success. We engage our team through Daily Huddles, monthly staff training, and annual off-site workshops.
We offer competitive remuneration with rewards for growth and hard work. We value your time at work, and respect your time away from work.
Newcastle is a great lifestyle city, with city beaches, nearby vineyards, plenty of outdoor options, and a thriving economy; without the hassle of big city traffic. See www.visitnewcastle.com.au for more information
Send us your resume, and we'll tell you more!
Newcastle Animal Referral Centre
4 Lang Road
Broadmeadow NSW 2292
Veterinarians – Casual
School of Animal & Veterinary Sciences (casual vet)
Day time casual shifts available for Veterinarians
The University of Adelaide has established South Australia’s first Veterinary Teaching School at its historic Roseworthy Campus. Under the school of Animal and Veterinary Sciences the Companion Animal Health Clinic is opening to the public for after hours and emergency care.
The school is currently seeking qualified Veterinarians to work in the new facility in a day time capacity providing a choice of short or extended rostered shifts. The appointee will be part of the Companion Health Centre team offering services to outside clients as well as inpatient care. The position will provide you with an opportunity to extend your experience working with Specialist veterinarians, state of the art diagnostic equipment supported by trained veterinary nurses. The position requires a veterinarian with excellent communication skills on various levels, including teaching students and client interaction demonstrating a desire to work in a team environment.
Applicants must have relevant qualifications and be registrable by the Veterinary Surgeons Board of South Australia. Sound communication skills, both oral and written, are also essential. Small animal practice experience is assumed.
For further information, please contact Mandy Holloway, telephone: +61 8 8313 7740 or email: email@example.com
Noah’s Ark Veterinary Services Medowie & Nelson Bay Require A Veterinarian
One of our vets has family commitments calling and as a result a veterinarian is required for this four vet, two-branch practice. Recent graduates as well as experienced vets are encouraged to apply. The position hours can be tailored to suit the right applicant with part-time employment considered.
These are fast growing, busy practices which focus on providing a personal service in two quite different regional areas. Good communication skills and the ability to work in a team are essential. The clinics have won four local Small Business Awards and are involved in a number of community activities including extensive sponsorship of local clubs.
The clinics see mostly small animals with some natives and about 5% equine. Applicants would not necessarily be required to see any horses however as one of the practice principals has a membership in equine medicine she is happy to support and train a recent graduate in this area. The other practice principal is currently undertaking a PhD in a koala disease so a willingness to treat wildlife is important. He has recently received an award from the International Fund for Animal Welfare for his veterinary contribution to Koala care and welfare.
The clinics are well equipped with digital x-ray, ultrasound, dental scaler, pulse ox, ap-alert, blood pressure monitors, ECG, in-house pathology and good surgical facilities. Both clinics are computerized and linked with Vision VPM. There is an ongoing plan for upgrading of this equipment and most recently the REM systems biochemistry and haematology units have been installed in both clinics.
There is a high vet to nurse ratio with seven nurses employed all of whom are qualified or currently training. The nurses are all friendly and helpful as well as very competent. There is also a commitment to training veterinary nurses who are currently studying at TAFE or other relevant courses. We are committed to CE for all staff.
Port Stephens is a magnificent area approximately 2 hours north of Sydney, which boasts excellent beaches and water sports, whale watching, plenty of seasonal festival activities and easy access to the Hunter Valley vineyards. Shops, schools and Newcastle Airport are all in close proximity.
Clinic hours are 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 2pm on Saturday.
- 4 weeks Holiday leave
- 1 week study leave.
- 38 hour week
- Work 1 Sat in 4
AFTER HOURS: None
REMUNERATION: commensurate with experience
CONTACT: Practice Manager Victoria Ireland
P: 4982 9899
School of Veterinary and Life Sciences
12 month Specialty Training - Veterinary Education Emphasis
(Graduate Diploma in Education - Tertiary and Adult G1025)
12 month Specialty training in Emergency and Critical Care - Veterinary education emphasis.
We are inviting applications for a training program in the above discipline. The Specialty Training Program with a Veterinary Education Emphasis is a year-long training program in the College of Veterinary Medicine at Murdoch University in Western Australia. The training program offers experience in a specialty discipline with an emphasis on veterinary education with concurrent enrollment in a Graduate Diploma in Tertiary and Adult Education (G1025).
This position would suit a veterinary graduate with some experience in emergency practice interested in training in a university setting or pursuing a residency. The trainee will have close supervision and will be encouraged to pursue scholarly endeavors that compliment the program, such as public speaking and publication. Candidates should have a strong commitment to veterinary education and specialty training at the clinical and postgraduate level. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
A tax - free stipend of $25,000 is offered to the student enrolled full-time in the Graduate Diploma. Tuition fees for the graduate program will be paid. Application is restricted to candidates with Australian and New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status unless the candidate can pay International Student Fees that would apply. Applicants must have a veterinary degree that can be registered in Western Australia.
The program begins in July 2013 with a Semester 2 start. Enquiries and applications can be forwarded to Dr Melissa Claus by email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close May 24th, 2013 or until the position is filled. A letter of intent, current CV, copy of academic transcripts and names of three referees should be included. Candidates are chosen after a competitive selection process.
Kookaburra Veterinary Employment reserves the right to edit or omit any advertisement at our discretion. We take no responsibility for the accuracy of any advertisement shown and will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising under any circumstances.