RANGIORA VETERINARY CENTRE

181 Lehmans Road

RD1 Rangiora NZ 7471

Please click on each of the small pictures to see a bigger photograph

 

Rangiora is the largest town and seat of the Waimakariri District, in Canterbury, 29 kilometres north of Christchurch.

Rangiora was occupied by Maori for several hundred years before the arrival of Europeans. The beauty of the area and the potential for grazing lands inspired a Canterbury surveyor, Charles Obins Torlesse, to build the first dwelling in the town in 1851. The main industries in the area are lamb production, dairying, fruit growing and mixed farming. Southern hemisphere truffles are a new specialty crop. The town has several interesting museums and some wonderful heritage buildings, including one of Canterbury's oldest wooden churches. The beaches of Pegasus Bay are within easy reach and the nearby rivers are popular for fishing and walking. 

There is always something on in Rangiora whether it be an event or activity. Choose from golf, visiting a museum or art gallery, catching a movie or show at the Town Hall, mountain biking on the Rakahuri River Track or let your taste buds be tempted with a full selection of eateries. Rangiora has some taste sensations with a range of New Zealand and international cuisine.

For more information, visit http://www.tourism.net.nz/region/christchurch/rangiora and http://www.newzealand.com/au/rangiora/