Working in the UK

If you see a position that interests you please apply directly to the clinic. Make sure that you are eligible to register as a Veterinary Surgeon or Veterinary Nurse in the UK prior to applying for any jobs, and that you have a valid work Visa. Register with us

Overseas Veterinarians may need a visa or work permit to work in the UK, and you will need to register with the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons to practice as a vet.

NB: Veterinary Surgeons are no longer listed on the Tier 2 Shortage Occupation List, which means that it may be harder for vets to get a visa via the Tier 2 route (employer sponsorship).

Registration is available to:

Please contact us for our information sheet. Alternatively you can contact the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons for more information at .

We can help you with information about visas, tax, registration etc. Please contact us for further details or see our Links page.

Working as a locum is a great way to travel the UK. It is also a good way to gain additional experience in working with different people, in different conditions, and improve your veterinary skills. Please note that locums should have a minimum of 2 years experience.