Registration for Vets Seeking Work in Australia or New Zealand
NB: Intending Locums should have a Minimum of 2-3 years experience.
This form is for vets seeking work in Australia and New Zealand. You must be eligible to be registered as a veterinary surgeon in either country. Click here for conditions of registration with Kookaburra.
To register with Kookaburra Veterinary Employment you are required to complete all of the following:
- Agree to the terms of our Veterinarian Declaration
- Complete and submit the registration form. We will contact you to confirm details.
- Send us a copy of your CV by email, fax, or post.
Contact details of available positions will only be given when you have completed registration
Step One - Declaration
APPLICATION AND DECLARATION
I request that you register my availability as a Veterinary Surgeon on your register of available Veterinarians.
I will provide an accurate resume of my academic and work record.
I am either a Veterinary Surgeon, or a current Veterinary Student, eligible for registration in New Zealand and/or Australia.
I acknowledge that:
- a) you do not guarantee that you will find me suitable employment or contract work and I have no claim against you in that regard.
b) you will introduce me to potential Veterinary Practices and that it is my responsibility to attend interviews and to provide any information requested and if selected to negotiate my employment retainer or contract directly with the Veterinary Practice.
c) Kookaburra Veterinary Employment is a business operating independently of any Veterinary Practice and that you do not accept any responsibility or liability with respect to any loss or damage or any matter or thing that might happen or occur to me during any locum period.
d) you will not charge me a fee for attempting to locate Veterinary duties for me.
e) I can request that my name be removed from your registry at any time.
- a) I undertake to notify you orally or in writing as soon as practicable but no later than 48 hours of accepting a Veterinary position with a Veterinary firm introduced by you.
b) I undertake to maintain my qualifications and to maintain my registration as a Veterinary Surgeon at all times whilst my name is registered with you.
- If I am subsequently re-engaged by a Veterinary practice within 12 months of being employed by them after being introduced by Kookaburra Veterinary Employment, I undertake to notify you immediately orally or in writing.
- I warrant and declare that all information provided to you and in particular my resume is to the best of my knowledge, accurate and truthful.
- I consent to you seeking information from veterinary practices who have engaged me
- You have the right to discontinue my registration with you at any time.